Friday, July 16, 2010

Sewing Again!

I am happy to be back to my sewing machine!

This week I am working on binding the last of the Cherry quilts for my client. This one is the biggest at a twin. I am hoping to have the binding finished early next week.

Earlier this summer I decided to make some clothes for me and the girls. I made me a dress already, not that I have wore it. So this week I decided to make me something else from the pile of fabric and patterns. I made a tunic top out of green printed linen. I love it! I think I am going to make another on. I am wearing the top to a birthday party tomorrow.

Yesterday I decided that I am going to start making a block a day quilt again this summer. If you remember back to last summer I joined the 9-patch a day quilt along. This year I am doing it on my own and doing a framed square block. I really need to use up my blue scraps. I will be posting more later this weekend over at Stash and Scrap Elimination Project.

I have my UFO for this month picked out too. I have a Mystery Quilt that just needs binding. So with any luck I will be able to get that done this month too.

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Being off from work, I have spent a lot of time in my sewing room. I finished two lap quilts for donations to a silent auction. Now I started cleaning the shelves where some of my patterns and associated fabric are. I did not realize how many projects were sitting there staring at me waiting to be started. Since I am leaving for a long weekend at the timeshare, I am bringing many of them with me. I'm going to try to get 9 out of the 15 started. Meaning the tops completed. One of them happens to be the 9-patch a day quilt along.

Can you post a pic of your tunic you completed. I'd love to see it.
sah