Wednesday, April 15, 2009

OPAW 1 Done!!!

Yeah you read that right OPAW 1 is DONE!!! I needed to get binding on a baby quilt, bury the threads and launder the quilt. That is it. I have been putting it off for the last 2 months. Yesterday it was on the list to get OPAW'd.


I purchased a ziplock bag with fabric in it at Liz's sale back in January. I thought they were Puss In The Corner Blocks. WRONG! When I got home I pulled it all out. The pattern said Primitive Hearts. In the bag was 24 heart block, 15 setting squares, all the setting triangles and the pattern. I put the top together and added the 2 borders and binding. The first border is left overs from Scott's Log Cabin, the second border is muslin (matches what Liz used) and the binding is left over from my right and white quilt. I did the quilting. I ditched all the hearts and then quilted a heart in each of the muslin squares all in cream. The border I quilted linked hearts in red. The backing is Alexander Henry's Tattooed Hearts.

I am off to work on my next OPAW.

1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

Seriously this is the cutest mistake I've ever seen! You should get the wrong patterns more often!!

Are you guys military?