Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lunch With Friends

So what do you get when you have Amy, Anna Maria, Heather, Joel, Kaffe, and Sandi all together? One rockin' Bento Box!

This last August I picked up a yard of Joel Dewberry Lime Wood Grain for $5, yeah you read that right, plus 6 fat quarter pack of a mixture of other designers for only $10. All this fabric has been sitting in a pile waiting. Then I added a few from my own stash and the pile grew.

In October I decide I wanted to make a Bento Box Quilt with it. The only think holding me back was ALL THAT COLOR! It was very over whelming. Yea your still reading Dianah's blog. And I just said I had too much color in a quilt.

I started surfing the web to find directions for a Bento Box quilt. I found a cheater Bento Box, part 1 and part 2. I love how every other strip is White. This was the light bulb moment, I still have some Kona Snow that would be perfect for this. Lunch with Friends was started.

Because I still have a few client commitments for Christmas I am only allowing myself to sew one set of blocks a day. I am making of positive and negative block with same fabrics. Which also means I have two of the same blocks in my quilt.

I currently have enough fabric to make a total of 23 blocks. I either need to find more of one fabric to take me to 24 or buy another quarter yard to take me to 25 blocks. My block size is 15 inches finished. It will be a big throw quilt.

I promise to update with pictures this weekend.

No comments: