Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Toy Drop #2


I dropped off a snake at the Downtown Stockton Public Library in the children's section. The library was quiet so it wasn't a problem to find a spot for my snake and take a photo. I had both girls with me, Delaney was busy reading and playing.


This snake is super easy to make and took no time at all. It is leftover strips from my Bento Box quilt pieced together with a white strip on each end. I folded my strip piece in half, I drew a curve on one end and a triangle on the other. (curve for head and triangle for tail) I started sewing at the fold, around the head and down the side. About half way down the side I left an opening for turning and stuffing. I continued down the side, around the tail and to the fold. A little trimming and flip. Next sew on the eyes, stuff and sew hole closed. Mr Snake is done.

I am having a lot of fun with this. This week I am hoping to make a small stock pile of toys for the BIG Christmas toy drop. I have a ladybug, doll and alien cut and ready to sew. The doll and alien are both the Black Apple Doll, the alien was cut out of green fabric and will have small antennas.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

your having fun with the toy society drops...........

have you sent your SSCS parcel????
please contact me ASAP.........

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Love this post!
Thanks, i Love this concept and have signed up to play myself,
You have made some fabulous things.