Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2010 Health Goal

Last January one of my goals was to meet the Health Goal my work set for me. I got my results middle of last February. My lab results said I was completely healthy and to change nothing. It also said I should start to exercise and lost some weight. BUT they said I had no goal to meet. So I decided that since I didn't HAVE meet a Health Goal for work that I was going to set my own. I decided that I was going to loose 30lbs. Last December I met that goal and I have maintained that goal since. I think I am the healthiest I have ever been.

Now I have been asked "How did you do it?" Honestly, No I didn't have surgery. No I didn't take a magic pill. No I didn't wave a fairy wand. I did it with work. I did it with diet and exercise. I REFUSE to eliminate foods from my diet. I choose to limit the amount of them I eat.

My big diet tips are PORTION CONTROL and DRINK WATER!!! I tried eating High Protein and Low Carb diet when I did Booty Camp. My body didn't like that. I only lost 2lbs in 2 weeks. My body responds to portion control. I also drink Protein Shakes in the morning. I am not a breakfast person so the shake is a good way for me to start the day. I try to drink a gallon of water a day. I still eat Mc Donalds BUT my secret is I get a cheeseburger and split a small fry with the girls. Yes there are days that I get a Quarter Pounder with Cheese and a Large Fry but that is maybe once every 6 weeks. I have also limited my alcohol intake. Pizza and beer is a must once a month. It is amazing how long a 12 pack is lasting at my house lately.

Now the dreaded exercise. UGHHHH! I found something that I LOVE! Without Venus Pole Fitness I don't think I would have even thought of dropping the 30lbs. I started with Pole Fitness and fell in love. Since last July I have taken many classes, Lap and Chair Dancing, 4 weeks of Booty Camp, and some traditional Abs and Legs classes. I have been able to take classes from 4 of the instructors and they are all wonderful and supportive. Thursday night I am starting Burlesque Dance Classes. I can't wait! With the encouragement I have received at Venus I found DVD's that I enjoy doing at home. I have gotten out my Gazelle and have been using that.

Now my goal for this next year, to maintain. I would like to drop another 10lbs and I know I can do it. Right now I am more focused on keeping off the 30 lbs I already lost. I am also working on the training for the 3-Day Walk. I would never thought that any of this was possible for me.

No comments: