Saturday, January 2, 2010

X's Or O's?

Every year on New Year's Day I make a quilt top. Even with Scott gone I was going to give my best at getting a top done. I made the blocks, laid them on my wall and started the graph on the 31st. I came home from work New Year's Day finished the graph and started sewing. Even with all the interruptions I was done by 7pm.

The Tic Tac Toe block is this months block over at Block Lotto. I fell in love with the block and knew I wanted to make this quilt. I love the liberated setting with the liberated block. This is out of the box for me. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun.

I have another idea for a quilt using this block and a variation of the block. Soon.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your mother helped me with a quilt in a day top some 10 years ago on New Years Day. Ever since, I try to spend the day finishing up a project. What a great way to start the year. Love the quilt.

Mama Spark said...

I love how this quilt came out!! Brilliant!

Amanda Jean said...

this is utterly fantastic!!!!

Bonnie said...

Quite quilt Dy.