Monday, June 10, 2013

72 Hour Kit Update

This past week I was super motivated to work on getting stuff for 72 Hour Kits for all of us. I started by grabbing stuff I knew we had around the house. I really like the idea of adding something each week but DANG! taking a year to do this No Thanks!

So here is what I have so far:
1 Backpack
16 12 Hour Glow Sticks
4 Emergency Blankets
4 Single Severing Size Peanuts
4 Packages of Baby Wipes
4 5-In-1 Survival Tool (Whistle, Compass, Lanyard, Fire Starter Flint, Water Resistant Match Container) I don't know how a Lanyard counts toward survival but it was included.
3 Collapsible Silicone Bowl and Mugs (they only had 3 I need 1 more)
2 12 Packs of Instant Washcloths (again that is all they had)

I also started everyone an envelope of cash. It was recommended that everyone has at least $100 in small bills. This I really will build up over time. I hope to have more in everyone's envelopes.

This week I am hoping to add 1 backpack and some food. I am getting stuff ready for the baby sale and all of us going on different vacations. So I wont have much time to work on it.

 

No comments: