Sunday, April 15, 2007

Already Gone ; {

Where did the weekend go? Scott just called saying they are in Reno on the way home. I am still trying to figure out how Reno is a short cut coming home from Northern California. It isn't a short cut to get their though. I guess that's what happens with 3 men in one car. They had a good time but didn't kill that many squirrels. I'll have more info when he is really home.

I feel like I have been almost productive this weekend. I still need to clear the air hockey table, I have been working on it. I am hoping to have it half way empty when Scott gets home. I have also worked on my Parts Department quilt. I still have a few rows to go before I can start the borders but I am getting there. Believe it or not this is a very time consuming quilt. You make it one block at a time. I am used to stripe piecing and time saving techniques. Next is a Black & White row, it is getting hard to look at again.



I told my mom I would cut her fabric for her class in 2 weeks. The night she was planning on doing it she is babysitting all 4 girls so me and Linda can go to stamp club. I am done cutting her fabric, I think she has enough to make it bigger than the 12 block quilt we saw in the store. The Yellow print is her border, the white/grey is the background, the greens are the stars and the yellow, orange, and pink stripes are going to be the "One Eyed Four Patch" at the tips of the stars.


I know my room looks messy but this is a big improvement. Before their wasn't the table under the window, I now have more table space for cutting and scrapping. Also there wasn't that much clean floor, I had stuff in piles. Those piles got sorted and but on the bookcase or in the scrapping cupboard. The boxes under the table by the window have paper in them and the ones under the other table have more fabric in them. It will be sometime in May before I can got through and get the bookcases done.

2 comments:

MsLizzF said...

Dianah....your quilt is turning out great!! I really like it.

I also love the fabric for your mom's class the one eyed four patch. Can't wait to see what how it will turn out.

Gina said...

cool beans!!! I love it! Hey, nice sewing space too:)
Are ya bringing this top to me saturday? HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
,
Gina