Monday, March 17, 2008

Mama Monday!!!

Okay first and foremost HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! I am just getting home from family dinner at Linda's house. Everyone but Josh had the traditional Corn Beef and Cabbage. I left before the cutting of the chocolate POTATO cake. I am sure they all are enjoying it. Did you wear green today?

On to Mama Monday's. This is a buddy post which my friend Heather dared me to do. It is a sharing of parenting stories. The topic is READING.

I can say that I don't think we are as good at this as Heather is. BUT Delaney does like to "read" (look at) quilting or scrap booking magazines. Every night she watches her Night Time Sprout in our bed and I read something. I always have a magazine on hand for her. We also read the board book stories to her. Her doctor give us a new one every time go in for a check up. In the last few months she has been going into her room to sit and read to herself.

My Aunt Cloie always encouraged us to read, anything comics to hysterical romance, as long as we read. I am guessing since she isn't here any longer that we need to pass on the gift. Tonight I will bust out the Suess. I am feeling like My Many Colored Days, my favorite along with Oh The Places You'll Go.

Happy St. Patty's Day Aunt Cloie! We had a beer for you.

1 comment:

The Sarah Bear said...

YEA! You posted! Your daughter will be able to read before you know it, AND make a crazy log cabin quilt! Sheesh. Overachiever!