Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Never Miss An Opportunity

Never Miss AN Opportunity has been drilled into mine and my sister's heads since we were kids. My mom has said it constantly. Because of her saying this I have seen and done MUCH!

When I went away to college in 94 to study fashion design I wanted to be the next Coco Channel. When I graduated in 96 with an AA in Fashion Design I really wanted to do couture or sample making. I ended up moving back to Stockton and working retail. A few years later I was taking some classes at Delta with a friend and I realize I was 4 units away from an AA in Fashion Merchandising. In the spring of 2002 I graduated with a second AA in the fashion industry working in retail again.

Again a few years have past and I have my dream JOBS, yes 2. I have been lucky enough to be making sample quilts for the new quilt store in Manteca Ladybug's Quilts and I get to help with some of the merchandising of the store. The bonus is NO customer service. Now I am not an employee, I am a friend helping out. I truly am enjoying not missing an opportunity.

1 comment:

Gina said...

And what an awesome profession!!
hope u are well:)