Friday, September 4, 2009

Killer Deal For Christmas

I purchased the Leap Frog Tag Learning System today for Delaney's Christmas gift. They almost gave it to me! The Leap Frog Tag Learning System in the OLD packaging was on clearance at Target for $12.48! That is 75% off. But wait, I was able to find a coupon off the Tag Learning System for $10 off!!! With tax it cost me $3.60! Manufacture Suggested Retail price is $49.99 plus tax. They gave it to me. NOTE: Trinity Park Target had only 1 left Friday at 5pm.

But wait I need books to go with the system now. K-Mart has some on Clearance for $6 and toys on clearance are an ADDITIONAL 20% off. Which makes the books only $4.80. But wait, I found another coupon for $3 off a Tag Book. Here is the trick with the books, you first take in your $3 coupon get one book and pay, mine was $2.23 with tax. K-Mart is printing out a register coupon for $5 off a book, game or toy. You walk book number 1 to the car and go back into K-mart and get another Clearance book. You then use the $5 coupon they just gave you and pay, my second book cost $0.23 plus I received another $5 coupon. Repeat as many times as needed for your Clearance books. You will still have 1 $5 off coupon to use on a future purchase. Coupons expire 11/19/09. Manufacture Suggested Retail price for books have a range of $13.99 to $15.99.

While I was walking back and forth K-Mart had the storage case on Clearance too. I figured I could splurge on it! The case was on Clearance for $13 plus the 20% off making it $10.80. K-Mart would not let me use the $5 off coupon since it wasn't a Book, Game, or Toy. Oh well. it cost me $11.34. Manufacture Suggested Retail price is $15.99.

Paying full price for the Tag Reading System, 3 Tag Books and the Storage case should have cost me just over $120. With VERY LITTLE effort I was able to get all of it for $17.59!!! The ONLY reason it cost so much is because of the storage case not having a coupon. If I would have stuck to just the Tag Reading System and 3 books my GRAND total would have been $6.25 compared to approx $105.

6 comments:

sew rosey said...

It's great when you can "work the system" like you did. If it were any cheaper, they'd be paying you to shop! Congrats.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I am going shopping with you next time!!!!! LOL

Bonnie said...

You're my kinda of woman -- a true shopper and looking for bargins. I know this is the only way to shop. Now I need some ideas for an 18, 15 and 14 year old boy and you know all they want is MONEY!!!!

Lisa said...

You crack me up, plus you got your walking in for the day too.

Sandi G said...

Does this mean you will have money for Ladybug's sale on Monday?

Nathan said...

I love the way you shop. We need to go shopping together soon. Brian already told me he won't be able to keep up.