Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ending of Vacation

We got home Thursday night so I still had 3 whole days left of my vacation. I got to SEW all 3 days! I made sure my work clothes were clean before we left. I got much done. Friday I finished piecing the blocks for my new Mod Quad and I cut out a pillow case and quilt top to take with me to P.M.S. Jennifer at Ladybug's Quilt Shop holds Pizza, Munchies and Sewing nights on selected Friday nights. It is opened up for 10 people to come and do a free sew. The cost is $5 to cover drinks and pizza. It starts in the afternoon and goes until around midnight.

I got the Cars pillow case done and twin size Cars quilt top pieced for my friends Dave and Liz's little boy. I finished the last two outside borders Saturday morning. I am still waiting for fabric from e-bay for the backing. I am hoping to quilt this month.



Saturday afternoon I spent working on the layout of my Mod Quad. I got 4 of the 5 rows set before going to coffee with my girlfriends. This one will be dropped off at Ladybug's Quilt Shop tomorrow morning. I will be teaching this as a class in November. I will also be picking up the Black and White one I did in May tomorrow.

I spent today finishing up Mod Quad, sewing a few blocks of my Christmas Presents quilt and sewing aprons. I got 1 apron finished, 1 apron I ran out of thread top stitching (I will get some tomorrow and finish it), and 2 more 50% done. I plan to finish the aprons on Monday.

4 comments:

Liz said...

There is a little boy in Texas that is going to be soooooooooo excited!!!! Wow!!!

Dave said...

That is going to be sooo awesome! Thank you for making a little boy feel so special!

The Sarah Bear said...

I love the aprons and want that Mod quilt - LOVE THE COLOR!

You go girl!

MsLizzF said...

You have been way too busy....but its good to finish a project. Keep up the sewing.