Because of my age, 34, many people are shocked to hear that I can sew. Others in the quilting community find it hard to believe that I am a serious quilter. It does not bother me that people are surprised by this information. Today I am going to share with you a few questions that I get asked on a weekly biases.
1. So how long have you been sewing? 30 YEARS! I got my first machine the Christmas I was 4 years old. I still have it. It was a toy machine by Mattel.
2. How big of a stash can you really have? I have over 300 yards in my stash, that is fabric NOT committed to a project. I have MORE fabric (a few hundred yards of that too) that is committed to either an UFO, future project or a back for a finished top.
3. How many UFO's could you have? Some of you may remember that at the beginning of the year I stopped counting at 28 because that is where I ran out of lines on the paper. I refused to turn the paper over or add a sheet. So the answer is vague over 30 UFO's.
4. How many project do you have going on now? I never know the answer to this one. Off the top of my head I can count that I am working on 8 projects and I have finished 3 others already this week. I jump around a lot.
5. How many quilt tops do you have that need quilting? First let me say WOW! I didn't think that numbers were this high! I have 22 tops at my house that need quilting and 5 tops at Ladybug's Quilt Shop. Grand Total 27 finished quilt tops!