Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Hole In The Wall Gang

I read about this wonderful project over at Vicki's Blog Field Trips in Fiber. Vicki read about it over at Jackie's Blog Canton Village Quilt Works. Isn't blogland wonderful!

Jackie's quilt guild has set a goal of collecting and making 2000 handmade pillowcases for Hole In The Wall Gang Camp. Last year her guild was able to donate 1600 pillowcases. The camp was founded by Paul Newman for children with special needs and their families. The children get to take the pillowcases home with them at the end of their time at camp.

I am committing myself to making 5 pillowcases. If anyone would like to join me I am mailing mine Veteran's Day Weekend. I would be happy to include anyone that is local in my box.

For anyone that needs a tutorial on how to make a pillowcase here is the link to Jackie's Tutorial. Here is one call Burrito or Magic Pillowcase. If anyone would like I could photo copy Liz's pillowcase instructions. Also if you Google Pillowcase Tutorial you can find additional instruction.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Lue-Anne said...

I would like to do this count me in. Just give me a couple week notice before you ship. Thanks!!!