Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thirsty Thursday

Since I can't go out and enjoy Thirsty Thursday with $1 pints of beer, grab your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy my VERY random post! Please wait while I grab my Pina Colada.

First, here is a link to a coupon to use this Saturday, October 24th, only for FREE small cookie and Kid Size Hot Chocolate. It is one per a customer, so print one for each person in your group. Also it doesn't state for kids only. I will be getting free cookies and Hot Chocolate this Saturday, maybe a book too.

Now for those of you wondering if I bust out the blender each night, NO! I buy Lt Blender's Pina Colada in a Bag. I purchase them 4 at a time at BevMo. They are so easy to use. Pour rum to the fill line, shake, pour warm water to the fill line, shake and freeze. You can usually find one or two in my freezer.

Some of the blogs I frequent have some fun post going on. First Judy is getting ready to start another Quilt For an Hour. Don't you know I will be joining this one too. I already have some fabric pulled form my stash. Next Vicki has an interesting post on sewing machines, also you can see the block she made after taking Paula Nadalestern's class in Houston. Over at Steals and Deals they have more great coupon tips and give aways. I hope I win the floor give away.

I am still working away on the HHR club quilt. I need to have it done and delivered by 10 am Saturday morning. I have a few, 2-3 hours of quilting left to do and then the binding. The end is in sight. Then I will be dropping off my mom's machine so she can take a class on Saturday morning. If I am lucky I can get it back to finish off the Alice in Wonderland costume. I am really hoping to get a call form the Sewing Machine Shop in Walnut Creek saying my machine is ready!

By the way JoAnn's is having their Moonlight Madness Sale this week. There are some great deals, including 50% off coupons. I have started my donation basket for the Manteca Quilt Show. My theme this year is "A Box of Mystery." I picked up a beautiful box and am filling it with fabric, notions, books and patterns. Not everything can be used together but you will be able to enhance your stash. You wont be able to see in the box until you win it.

And there is a Quilt Show this weekend in Antioch at the fairgrounds. The featured artist will be Freddy Moran, y'all know I am going. I will be their on Sunday.

Okay I need to get back to quilting since my drink is gone.

No comments: